Thank you to everyone who has been following along with my travels and performances - 2022 brought some amazing performances, and I wanted to highlight a few of these events!
My 2022 performances led up to the world premiere of Bohemian Queen: Concerto for Trumpet and String Orchestra, my newest consortium with Clarice Assad! This piece could not have happened without the support of 12 fantastic orchestras and organizations, and I wanted to give them a special thank you. Over the next few seasons, I will have the honor of performing Bohemian Queen with: Akron Symphony Orchestra, Albany Symphony Orchestra, Austin Symphony Orchestra, Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia, Chautauqua Symphony Orchestra at Chautauqua Institution, Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestras, Lexington Philharmonic, Seattle Metropolitan Chamber Orchestra, Southwest Michigan Symphony Orchestra, The Chamber Orchestra of the Triangle, Wichita Falls Symphony Orchestra, and Wintergreen Music.
I am currently booking performances for the 23/24 and 24/25 season, so if you would like to have me out to perform at your school, festival, or with your ensemble, please get in contact - I would love to set up more travel!
- Mary Elizabeth Bowden
- World Premiere of Clarice Assad’s Trumpet Concerto with the Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Allen Tinkham (November 20)
- Seraph Brass joined the Florence Symphony Orchestra in performing Anthony DiLorenzo’s Chimera: Concerto for Brass Quintet and Orchestra, conducted by Dr. Terry Roberts (November 14)
- Solo performance of Jim Stephenson’s Storyteller with the UNO Wind Ensemble as part of UNO’s Brass Day (November 2)
- Seraph Brass residency at the University of Nebraska-Omaha Brass Day, including a full day of masterclasses, breakout sessions, and a performance of Michael Sweeney’s arrangement of Leonard Bernstein’s Suite from Mass with the UNO Wind Ensemble (November 2)
- Performance of Haydn Trumpet Concerto and Debussy’s Reverie with the World and European Brass Association Orchestra in Zapopan, Mexico (October 13)
- World and European Brass Association Residencies in Guadalajara, Mexico (October 10-13) and in Cancun, Mexico (October 16-23)
- First tour as a soloist in Korea - performing a Recital at the Busan Maru International Music Festival with soprano Clara Joung and pianist Song Junseop (September 1)
- Returned to Busan Maru International Music Festival to perform the Haydn Trumpet Concerto under conductor Günter Neuhold (August 30)
- Returned to the World and European Brass Association Summer Brass Academy in Paris, France as a Guest Artist and Faculty member (August 15)
- Guest artist for the Marlboro Music Festival in Vermont (August 9-14)
- Seraph Brass performed at the Chautauqua Chamber Music Festival in Mayville, New York (August 8)
- Solo performance of Adolphus Hailstork’s Four Hymns Without Words at the Norfolk Chamber Music Festival (July 15)
- Principal trumpet of the Artosphere Festival Orchestra in Fayetteville, Arkansas (May 19-27)
- Solo tour with the Kassia Ensemble around the western United States for the Allied Concert Services (February 22 - March 22)
- Debut premiere with the Izmir State Symphony Orchestra in Turkey, performing the Haydn Concerto (February 4)